This Chick Fil A Nuggets recipe is going to seriously BLOW your mind with its flavor authenticity! Made with boneless, skinless chicken breast and just the right amount of seasoning, your family won’t even know these aren’t store-bought! My kids will do anything for me to make these over and over again.
The Best Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets Recipe
When I made these for the first time I was a little skeptical. I wasn’t sure how they would turn out and how they would taste. We had the perfect taste testers on hand with my Chick Fil A loving children, so I thought I should give this a shot.
I was truly shocked at how delicious these little chicken nuggets tasted like the real thing. In fact, my kids have asked me numerous times to make them. They taste THAT good. Get ready to have your mind blown with this awesome fast food copycat recipe.
If you’re in a rush, head down to the bottom of this post and grab the FREE full printable recipe card with all of the ingredients and instructions. If you have the time, read on!
What Ingredients Are Needed for Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets?
You would think there would be a lot that goes into this recreation but you probably already have everything on hand you need. Not only that, but this recipe is generally done in about 30 minutes from start to finish.
FLOUR – I used all-purpose.
BREADCRUMBS – I used plain, local market breadcrumbs. Nothing fancy here!
MILK – I used whole milk.
TONY CHACHERE SEASONING
PEANUT OIL – I would definitely suggest using peanut oil versus regular vegetable oil or shortening.
HOW TO MAKE COPYCAT CHICK FIL A NUGGETS
This recipe makes about 45-50 chicken nuggets depending on the size of your chicken breasts. Double the recipe if you’re feeding a larger crowd. This was the perfect meal size for 4 of us.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
- Cut two large boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized one-inch pieces.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk and eggs. Pour milk mixture into the bowl with chicken pieces, making sure the chicken is all covered with the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- In another bowl, add flour, breadcrumbs, and seasonings and stir until they are fully combined.
- Heat about 3 inches high of peanut oil in a medium-sized skillet on medium-high heat. It took my skillet and oil about 5 minutes to heat adequately.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture. Allow them to sit for a few minutes while the oil is heating up.
- Test the oil with a little drop of flour. Once it starts to sizzle and turns the oil is ready.
- Drop about ⅓ of the chicken pieces into the oil and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. (I found 4 minutes was perfect!)
- Remove from the oil and place on a drying rack over a cookie sheet. Don’t place the nuggets on paper towels or they could become soggy.
Now get ready to have your mind BLOWN. You won’t believe how authentic they taste. The requests for me to re-make these are definitely higher than any other meal I’ve ever made.
I guess that’s what you get when you have kids who have loved Chick Fil A their entire lives. 🙂
If you love copycat chicken recipes, you might also enjoy this yummy Copycat KFC Chicken recipe. It’s baked, not fried!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THEE OTHER DISHES:
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- Blackened Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken Bites
What To Serve With This Chick Fil A Nuggets Recipe
Serve this chicken nuggets recipe with your favorite sides. A few suggestions to serve these with:
- Homemade fresh cut fries
- Cole Slaw
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Homemade Chick FIl A Sauce
- Over a fresh mix of salad
Make sure you print out this recipe and give it a try! I promise you and your family won’t be disappointed. In fact, it’s the perfect bargaining tool to get the kids to finish homework and chores. 😉 WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!
If you love this recipe, make sure to head back here and give it a rating! That lets us know what you think about our recipes and what we should be making more of to share with you. It also lets our future readers know that this recipe is something they should try!
Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (plain)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Tony Chachere's seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 3 inches peanut oil
- Combine milk and eggs and whisk together in a medium sized bowl. Add chicken pieces into the milk mixture and make sure they are completely covered. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine flour, breadcrumbs, and seasonings in a medium sized bowl. Mix well.
- Remove chicken from the fridge and dredge the chicken pieces with the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil on medium high heat. Check to see if it's hot enough by adding a pinch of flour. Once it starts to turn and boil your oil is ready. About 5 minutes.
- Add 1/3 of chicken into the oil. Don't overcrowd with too large of a portion. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is a nice golden brown. I found 4 minutes was the perfect amount of time.
- Remove chicken from the oil and place on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet.
- Serve with your favorite sides and sauces.
- Don’t place nuggets on paper towels or it will get them soggy.
- If you don’t have any Tony Chachere’s seasoning salt, replace it with kosher salt.