Crock Pot Chicken Tacos are a mouthwatering shredded chicken taco recipe full of flavors. Made with mixed veggies and taco seasoning, this easy taco recipe is sure to be a family favorite.
This recipe is one of our family’s favorites! It only takes a few minutes to start and it’s an excellent choice for any crazy, busy day. Just add your ingredients and let the Crock Pot do the rest.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE CHICKEN TACOS?
These chicken tacos are so easy to make. You can add all of your ingredients in just a few minutes and come home to a delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. To make this recipe you will need:
- chicken breast
- taco seasoning
- black beans
- diced tomatoes
HOW DO YOU MAKE CROCK POT CHICKEN TACOS?
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the Crock Pot.
- Cover with Taco seasoning.
- Add onion, corn, black beans, and diced tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Place back into Crock Pot and mix well.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, tortillas, taco shells, or create a taco salad on top or crushed tortilla chips.
CAN YOU SUBSTITUTE CHICKEN BREAST?
You can also use thigh meat or even chicken tenderloin in the recipe. Any type of shredded chicken is a good substitute for chicken breast.
HOW DO I SERVE CROCK POT CHICKEN TACOS?
The best thing about these chicken tacos is that you can serve them in several different ways. Consider serving them with these options:
- lettuce leaves
- flour tortillas
- corn tortillas
- taco shells
- over crushed tortilla shells
There are so many different topping options, and it all depends on how you want to spice things up. You can keep things mild, or you can add a little kick of flavor. Consider topping them with these options:
- sliced jalapéno
- diced green chilis
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- lime juice for added flavor
CAN THIS BE PREPARED BEFORE AND FROZEN?
One of my favorite things about this meal is how quick it is to prepare, but you can also prepare this ahead of time if needed.
Grab a freezer-safe bag and add chicken, diced onion, corn, taco seasoning, black beans, and diced tomatoes. Squeeze all of the air out of the bag and freeze for up to 3 months before cooking.
To use, remove the frozen ingredients from the freezer bag and place it into the Crock Pot. Heat on low for 8-10 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Shred and serve as you normally would.
Are you looking for more delicious chicken dinner ideas? You might also like:
- Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Ranch Chicken Burgers
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a comment and letting me know! We would also love for you to rate this recipe. It lets us know what you like and what else we should share.
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- Crock Pot
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup corn
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1 onion
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- Set the slow cooker on low heat.
- Cover bottom of Crock Pot with chicken breasts.
- Cover chicken breasts with taco seasoning, onion, corn, black beans, and diced tomatoes.
- Heat on low for 8 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from Crock Pot and shred. Add back to Crock Pot and mix well before serving.