Crock Pot Chicken Thighs are tender and full of flavor with this simple sweet and spicy sauce and seasoning mixture. Delicious bone in chicken thighs are smothered with a blend of spices and garlic and covered in a mouthwatering sauce. It’s an easy family dinner everyone enjoys, so don’t expect any leftovers!
I love making dinner in my slow cooker. It is definitely one of the most used appliances sitting in my kitchen today. This slow cooker chicken thighs recipe is one of the most delicious dishes I have made and I can’t wait to share with you the recipe.
Like this recipe? Make sure you pin it to one of your favorite boards! Follow EverythingIsChicken on Pinterest!
As always, we are excited you’re here and taking the time to check out our latest recipe. If you want to get down to the nitty-gritty, you can head down to the bottom of this page and print out the full recipe card with our instructions and notes.
The Crock Pot Chicken Thighs Recipe
This recipe is one of the best, mouthwatering, juicy chicken dishes there is. It’s packed full of flavors and has a little bit of an Asian blend to it. We smother the chicken in a soy sauce ketchup blend after dredging the chicken thighs in a blend of seasonings that is super easy and exceptionally pleasing.
Crockpot chicken thighs with bone are more tender and juicy and the meat will literally fall off the bone after cooking. The juices and flavors are different than chicken breast and I would recommend using bone in thighs versus boneless for this recipe.
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
This recipe is easily put together in just a few quick minutes. I gather all of my ingredients and can have this dish cooking in about 5 easy minutes. If you want to take things a step further, you could consider browning the chicken slightly in a skillet before lining them in the bottom of the Crock Pot. This will help seal in juices and flavors even more!
I find the sauce is really what makes your mouth water. It’s a sweet and spicy blend of soy sauce and ketchup that pairs perfectly with the blend of seasonings.
What Ingredients Do I Need for Chicken Thighs in the Crock Pot?
For this recipe, I make the sweet and spicy sauce mixture shown above and drizzle it over and around the seasoned chicken. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Bone in Chicken Thighs
- Soy Sauce
- Onion powder
- Fresh minced garlic
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds
How Do I Make Crock Pot Chicken Thighs?
This recipe comes together quickly and easily and is easily made for lunch or dinner. You can also brown the chicken slightly before placing it in the slow cooker.
- Prepare the Crock Pot and line the bottom of the slow cooker with chicken thighs.
- Top the chicken with onion powder, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the sauce mixture over and around the chicken thighs.
- Top the chicken with butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove lid and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and fresh parsley. Serve.
You can also add a step at the end to thicken up the sauce. Blend a little cornstarch and cold water and add it to the slow cooker for the last 30 minutes to help thicken the sauce for serving.
You can easily adjust the cooking time to work with your schedule. If you need this sooner than later, cooking on high won’t dry out the thighs. I worry about that with chicken breast, but not when I am working with bone in thighs.
You can find the full recipe with printable card at the bottom of this post. We also have all of our notes and suggestions added to the card. Make sure you leave a comment and let us know if you have any fun additions to make this recipe even better. I know our readers would love to see them, too.
Or, you can just leave a comment letting us know how much you loved this recipe :-).
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
If you like this recipe as much as we do, you might also enjoy a few of these other recipes:
How to Serve Chicken Thighs
I love to serve this dish over a bed of rice and topped with fresh parsley leaves. You can also serve this over a mixture of quinoa and brown rice for a little healthier version.
In addition to the rice, I also recommend adding in a side salad and your favorite roasted vegetables to make this a full meal.
Thank you so much for stopping in and trying our recipe. We love to see what you make! If you make this recipe and are on Instagram, don’t forget to snap a picture and tag us @pinkwhenjen so we can see it. You can also click one of the social share buttons above and share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe card below!
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker
- 5 bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line the bottom of prepared slow cooker with bone in chicken thighs.
- Top thighs with onion powder, oregano, a pinch of salt and pepper, and minced garlic.
- Drizzle the soy sauce mixture over and around chicken. Top with butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 and 1/2 hours, or on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove lid and sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh parsley.
- Serve with white rice, or with a quinoa and brown rice blend.
- Add a side salad and roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
- Save leftovers with sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Consider browning the chicken slightly in a skillet to seal in even more flavors before placing the thighs into the Crock Pot.