Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip made in the Crock Pot is the perfect game day or holiday appetizer. This chicken dip is delicious and full of flavor. It’s made with chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing, and gobs of cheese. Make this appetizer for the game, holiday get-togethers, or just because it’s so darn delicious.
I think you’re either a chip and dip person or you’re not. You’re either able to stay away from dip altogether, or you eat dip whenever you see it and until you have to unbutton your pants for extra room.
I’m in the latter category, and this buffalo chicken dip is one of my favorite “unbutton your pants” recipes. 🙂
This dip is easy. You just throw everything together and it’s kept warm in the slow cooker for easy serving. You can’t get much better than that!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
What I love most about this chicken dip is that it’s made in the Crock Pot. This easy appetizer is always a favorite for game day, but it’s also a great recipe to make for almost any occasion. Heck, it’s so good, you don’t even need a special occasion.
This recipe is also very versatile. You can use this same recipe to make different variations such as:
- Yummy Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Delicious Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
What Ingredients Do I Need for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip?
This is such a quick and easy recipe to make and one that won’t take a lot of time to put together. To make this dip you need to have a few recipes on hand.
- hot sauce
- cream cheese
- ranch dressing
- shredded cheese
- green onion (optional)
With a few simple ingredients, you can make a delicious dip and let the Crock Pot do all of the work for you. You can also make things go a bit faster if you’re in a hurry to serve this dip. You can find some of my favorite tips at the end of the recipe card below where I share how to make this recipe and a few tips to make it even better.
How Do I Serve Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
You can serve buffalo chicken dip in several different styles. This recipe is very versatile and can be served with a ton of different options. Here are some of my favorites!
- Baked Crostini – Serve buffalo chicken dip with these little mini pieces of toast. They are perfect for scooping and perfect bite-sized pieces.
- Carrots and Celery – Carrots and celery are some of the most common serving options to use with dip, and buffalo chicken dip is no exception. Consider also serving with radishes and cauliflower pieces.
- Slider Buns – You can have a plate full of mini slider buns so that you and your guests can make small buffalo chicken sliders. Top them with cheese and brush the bun with melted butter and a little parmesan cheese. YUM!
- Chips – Buffalo Chicken Dip is always perfectly served with scoop tortilla chips. The bigger the scoop, the better!
Do you have additional serving options or ideas that you use to serve your dip? Leave us a comment and share your favorites with us. If possible, we will update this post and recipe card notes and share them with all of our readers.
How Do I Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Slow Cooker?
This recipe can change a bit and it all depends on if you’re using pre-cooked chicken or if you plan on using the Crock Pot for cooking the chicken breasts.
If you are planning on making this recipe with uncooked chicken, place the Crock Pot on high and cook the chicken breasts in a cup of chicken broth for 2 and a half to 3 hours, or until fully cooked. Remove the chicken and remaining juices from the Crock Pot. Shred the cooked chicken and then start following the easy directions below.
You can scroll down to the bottom of this page for a printable recipe card with all of our easy instructions and a few additional notes. If you have any questions that I haven’t answered, I would love for you to leave me a comment and let me know! I can also update the post with relevant ideas that I may not have thought of, so feel free to leave me your suggestions as well.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP INSTRUCTIONS
- Place the Crock Pot on the Low Setting and add chicken.
Place the Crock Pot on the low setting and add the shredded pre-cooked chicken to the Crock Pot.
- Add the cream cheese.
Cube the block of cream cheese and add it to the crock pot.
- Add Ranch Dressing and Hot Sauce.
Pour in the Ranch dressing and your favorite brand of Hot Sauce. I like to use Frank’s Hot Sauce for this recipe.
- Add in green onions. (optional)
If you plan on adding green onions, (which is optional) I do so during this step.
- Cook on Low for 3 hours.
Once all of the ingredients are mixed well, cover with the lid and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Add shredded cheese before serving.
I love to serve this dip hot, so I wait until the last minute before adding my shredded cheese and mixing it well just before serving.
How to Store Buffalo Chicken Dip
If you have any remaining buffalo chicken dip, I like to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The leftovers are easily warmed up in a microwavable dish for 30-45 second bursts, stirring in between each one.
LOOKING FOR MORE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN RECIPES?
You might also enjoy:
Let me know if you get a chance to try this! You can leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @pinkwhenjen so I can see what you’re making. I love to see others share the recipes that I love and share with you.
Before you go, I would love it if you would rate this recipe in the card below. It lets others know how good the recipe really is, and lets me know what I should continue to make and share with you. If you would like to get these recipes emailed to you on a regular basis, sign up for my recipe newsletter.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker
- 3 chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz hot sauce
- 16 oz Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup green onion tops optional
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Without Pre-Cooked Chicken
- Heat Crock Pot on HIGH and cover the bottom of the Slow Cooker with chicken breasts. Cover with one cup of chicken broth. Cover and cook for 2 and a half to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred. Drain the chicken broth before adding the ingredients and following the directions below for the dip.
With Pre-Cooked Chicken
- Place the Crock Pot on LOW.
- Add shredded chicken, cubed cream cheese, franks hot sauce, and ranch dressing.
- Mix all ingredients well. Cover and cook for 3 hours.
- Remove lid and stir in one cup of the shredded cheese. Cover with remaining shredded cheese before serving.
- See instructions above on how to cooke with or without pre-cooked chicken breasts.
- Add green onions as an optional ingredient.
- Serve this recipe with crostini toasts, celery, carrots, and more.
- Save leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.