King Ranch Chicken Casserole
This King Ranch Casserole is bursting with tons of creamy, cheesy, mouthwatering flavors. Made with only eight ingredients, it's an easy weeknight recipe.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 10oz cream of chicken soup
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 1 10oz tomatoes with chilis
- 2 cups cheese
- 8 tortillas torn into bite sized pieces
Heat oven to 350. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and sauté onion and bell pepper for 2 minutes.
Whisk in the cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup of cheese and set aside.
Layer a 9 X 13 baking dish with flour tortillas torn into bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken, spread the soup and cheese mixture and top with tomatoes and chilis. Repeat to make two layers.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Makes a great freezer meal. To freeze, use a freezer safe container and layer the casserole according to instructions. Cover with foil and freeze. To warm, place in oven on 350 and bake for 50 minutes. Add cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 923mg | Potassium: 668mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1620IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 483mg | Iron: 3mg